From our proprietary pipeline of >12,000 compounds we have selected VS2-370 as lead compound, most active against CDK4/6/9 dependent tumors, such as mesothelioma, breast cancer, lymphomas and other aggressive cancers.
ViroStatics’ clinical candidate VS2-370, in advanced preclinical development, displays a good druggability profile and some unique features:
- Selectively targets two different kinase pathways that act synergistically against cancers
- New chemical entities, active against aggressive cancers
- Inhibits tumor cell proliferation and induces selective tumor killing
- Greater potency and better toxicity profile than CDK4/6 and CDK9 inhibitors
- Therapeutically relevant activity against CDK4/6 inhibitors-resistant cancers
- Exhibit a promising safety profile, have good oral bioavailability and PK/PD profile in tumor models
- Strategy for clinical pathway to Proof of Concept elucidated
The initial indication would be Malignant Pleural Mesothelioma (MPM) one of the most devastating cancers, with a life expectancy of 15-22 months. MPM, where CDK9 pathway plays an important role, has no targeted small molecules treatment options and represents a rare disease that could grant VS2-370 an orphan drug status and a fast-track regulatory approval. MPM market has been expanding in the last 20 years.
We have also activity data in vitro and in vivo supporting additional indications such as metastatic breast cancer and lymphomas, including those aggressive cancers that are CDK4/6i resistant.
Original VS2-370 patent protection has been granted in most countries and is planned to be extended up to 2043.