Consistent with its mechanism of action, the lead compound VS2-370 is more active against CDK4/6/9 dependent tumors, such as aggressive lymphomas, leukemias and pancreatic cancer.
ViroStatics’ drugs display a good druggability profile and some unique features:
- Selectively target two different kinase pathways that act synergistically against cancers
- Their potency increases as the aggressiveness of the tumor increases
- Exhibit a promising safety profile, have good oral bioavailability
- Preclinical program ongoing
- Human clinical trials to be started by 2018; strategy for clinical pathway to Proof of Concept elucidated
- New chemical entities – patent protected beyond 2030